When I lost my mom to lung cancer 4 years ago, I wanted to hold onto some of her t-shirts and golf shirts but knew I’d probably never wear them. So I thought of cutting them up and reusing them in other ways, like creating groovy shaggy floor mats! And since they’re made from cotton or cotton-blend, you can easily toss them into the washing machine! This is an example of the Varsity floor mat I just made for my cousin heading back to University! 😀
Here’s how I do it:
- Grab an old t-shirt you’re not going to wear anymore
- Cut it into 1-1.5” thick strips
- Roll it into a ball, tying the ends into knots
- Using single-crochet stitch, crochet until desired size is obtained
- All done! Now give it to someone to love again!